Re: security

From megan <megan@tao.ca>
Date Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:38:14 +0000 (GMT)
In-reply-to <Pine.LNX.4.10.9909241459030.357-100000@dojo.tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

yes - it seemed belligerent - and it also seemd to imply that we on this
list are morons who haven't figured out the basic tenets of 'net security
yet...

Security is an issue in all of our movement work for obvious reasons...
and there is nothing wrong with informing each other of security risks
that we see taking place (if we feel that some high level of security is
needed - which I question in this forum since this list is one of
discussion not action planning)....

But the way that we approach each other is not to say "you stupid moron
you are breaching my imagined need for security" - but in fact to have a
reasonable discussion about the issues involved and how to better increase
all of our security practices.

Shawn's email is a perfect example of how not to approach this
question....

Megan