Re: security

From Chuck0 <chuck@tao.ca>
Date Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:14:22 -0400
References <37EBC66B.DA6F0F88@home.com>

[: hacktivism :]

SHAWN GALVIN wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
>
> I have been on this list since it started to increase in volume of mail.
> I have watched the list take on more and more new members.  It has been
> very enlightening to read the regular postings, but wake up everybody!!!
> SECURITY!!  It is of very high probability that there are some pigs that
> are sitting in some office somewhere who are watching this list.  When
> the list was younger it seemed like less of a concern, but now it sounds
> as if you guys are going to plan an action over the fucking internet.
> Have you any common sense?  You'll have trouble planning anything over
> any media when your ass is in the can.
>                         security.

Shawn: Thanks for the warning. I'm sure that many of us understand that
any agents of the state or any snitch could join this list and take
notes. Believe me, anything illegal that we talk about will not be
planned on this list.

Illegal direct action should always be planned within small affinity
groups with people you trust. But even small groups can be infiltrated,
take for instance the FBI infiltration of Dave Foreman's Earth First!
affinity group. Agents of the state will try to provoke people into
illegal acts, so if somebody suggests something that you feel
uncomfortable about, just say no!

Never allow peer pressure to put you in a tight spot.

--
Chuck0

Alternative Press Review
http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier!

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree
that it exhibits anarchistic traits."
        - Jens Bjørneboe