Re: HateWatch Press Release: Activism vs Hacktivism

From Parsifal <noosph@noosph.org>
Date Mon, 6 Sep 99 16:16:43 +0300

[: hacktivism :]

You wrote on 6/09/99 16:56 from TrojZyr@aol.com TrojZyr@aol.com

>[: hacktivism :]
>
>In a message dated 9/6/99 7:02:04 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
>noosph@noosph.org writes:
>
><< >We have to remember, as hacktivists, that there is a clear difference
> >between censorship and denying platform for hate.
>
> you speak as politicians .....if all platforms are denied, it is a
> censorship by suppressing means of expression. >>
>
>Correct. Like I've said before, everyone deserves first amendment
>rights...the trick is to get your message out louder and clearer than the
>message of your opponent.

And you don't do this by hacking the sites of your opponents.
You do this by organizing a better and louder propaganda for your cause.
Clever hacktivists should speak to people.

There is no difference between the promotion of a brand name and the
promotion of a political cause.
Both need to have their messages sent (and understood) to the largest
audience.

Hacktivists should learn to manipulate media, not to promote racist or
anti-gay causes, as it is today the case, (the side-effects of their
hackings), but to promote their own causes.

Parsifal