Re: HateWatch Press Release: Activism vs Hacktivism

From pete <pete@tao.ca>
Date Mon, 6 Sep 1999 01:04:46 -0400 (EDT)
In-reply-to <007401bef7a7$07b42c40$864118d2@jfvsitmk>

[: hacktivism :]

I have to disagree with Parsifal and others; we can't forget that we're
talking about the fucking KKK, right? I don't expect anyone else to accept
my view, but I choose to live my life with a very hard lined "no tears for
nazis" point of view.

My reasons for this are pretty simple. "Free speech" and all of the other
civil liberties BULLSHIT (there is nothing civil or liberating about the
KKK) is a the first thing a nazi cries when their back is up against the
wall. We can't forget that they are on a 24/7/365 recruiting cycle, and
they have to save face.

I don't think it takes a genius to realize that when a bonehead talks
about "free speech" that they are not at all concerned about the free
speech of anyone but themselves. Have you ever seen an example of a hate group
supporting the free speech of a group like ARA? Of course not.

We have to remember, as hacktivists, that there is a clear difference
between censorship and denying platform for hate. If I publish a website
or news source, and some right wing fuck wants me to publish an article
about the joys of beating up people that ain't pasty white, I tell them to
fuck off. I am not censoring them; I am denying them platform. I believe
that we are in the unique position to do this online. Put the action back
in direct action, and take it out of the hands of ridiculously ineffective
"hate crime" laws. Do you want to rely on the police and the legal system
for protection? Didn't think so.

I believe that if you are an oppressed individual, you are well within
your rights to tell your oppressor to fuck off. Only now we're dealing
with a new medium of fucking.

Pete