Newbies (was re: fake emailers)

From Tony Reed <qabala@netzero.net>
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 04:42:21 -0700

[: hacktivism :]

ZoeScanner wrote:

> And another thing....why oh why dont you
> 'newbies'
> just use a simple search engine??? learn the hard
> way..like we all did?...

I consider myself to be a newbie even though I performed my first hack
in 1985 using a Commodore 64 and a 300 baud vicmodem. I just lost
interest along the way. At that time, as far as I know, there were no
communities like this.

I must agreee with you, however, on the suggestion you just made. I do
think that the knowledge of hacking should be earned.

My email which started this thread was made because I am in an emergency
situation and I don't have time to bring myself up to speed on the art
of hacking. I am trying to monitor activities on my OWN computer and
phone calls being made in my OWN home. The systems I want to monitor are
in my own home and are all owned by me so I think there is no legality
issue here.

What I'm trying to find, is a good phonetapping program and a program
that records all the keystrokes made on my computer. I joined this list
after a frustrating time surfing around looking for these things. If
someone would be so kind as to reccommend some good programs and tell me
where best to try to find them, I promise I will never post to this list
again.

> (sigh)...ok..I relent a Little bit. IF you are in
> NEED (dubious) check this site out..
>
>  http://www.attrition.org/.

Thank you. I will check it out, but if anyone has any other suggestions,
I would appreciate them too. Email me privately if you wish.

Thanks,

Tony