Re: ~e; 6 February 1999

From brian carroll <human@electronetwork.org>
Date Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:41:00 -0600
In-reply-to <004401c50d36$2a3a8340$a04afea9@laptop01>

re: electromagnetism in the body
date: 1999.02.06

i remember this post Steve, it opened up a
lot of new thinking for me as a result. it
may be that medical technologies have a lot
to offer in terms of offering a context for
the electromagnetic body, the full extent of
hospital diagnostic testing is unknown though
it seems that much depends on utilizing this
EM knowledge of the body, in the body. if a
pace-maker, spinal-cord electronic device,
hearing aid, or other medtech, there is also
the aspect of nuclear medicine, with x-rays,
radiation, MRI (magnetic), fMRI, CTscan, and
others that directly tap the EM body context.

> blood contains sodium chloride (salt) which is composed of sodium and
> chloride ions, electrically charges atoms.

i always wondered about ancient 'salt flats',
if they had any impact on human health (that
i am guessing goes beyond food storage with
salting meat, or that is what i thought the
process was- (even Ledoux's salt works, also
thought there was a salt lake near Israel).

another aspect is with 'ionization' which,
with the popularization of air ionizers are
considered to be beneficial as with ocean's
where the air is ionized. apparently what is
beneficial about ionized air is based upon
the belief it is a beneficial feeling to have.
if memory serves, the air beneath high-voltage
electrical powerlines is also ionized, and it
is also related to the creation of ozone.

	ozone (websters): .. all allotropic form
of oxygen in which three atoms form one molecule
(0_3). It has a pungent smell, is produced by a
silent discharge of electricity, and is present
in the air after a thunderstorm. It is used
commercially for sterilizing water, bleaching,
purifying air etc.'

	ozonizer (websters): an apparatus that
converts oxygen into ozone by passing a silent
electrical discharge through it.'

> blood contains iron, a ferrous material whose properties include the
> ability
> to spontaneously magnetize.

ferrous materials are still an unknown for me,
though i know the ferrite 'beads' are what were
just recommended to snap-onto cellphone headsets
to stop the excess waves from traveling up the
cord into one's brain. probably a good idea.
in ordering a surplus bag of electronics, many
ferrite blocks were sent, though at the time i
did not know what to make of them. they look as
if they are magnetic material yet are not heavy
as magnets are/can be. so they must switch-on
to prevent RF (radio frequency) by magnetizing
when in contact with an electrical field (in a
wire, which electric and magnetic waves mirror
each other perpendicularly). there is something
about taking a magnet to water that may involve
magnetic qualities of water molecules, or it
could be that it is also a magnet and blood.

another aspect of water and salt and electricity
is desalination and electrolysis. (i think there
is something about a 'cracking' machine related
to this, or some similar industrial process)...
electrolysis and the electrolytic process:

	electrolysis (websters): 'the passing of
an electric current through an electrolyte to
produce chemical changes in it. The current is
carried in the electrolyte by ions that migrate
to the electrodes where they may react, forming
new substances...'

	electrolyte (websters): 'a liquid solution
or fused salt that conducts electricity, the charge
being carried by the movement of ions (cf. the
movement of electrons in metallic conductors) ||
a solid substance that when fused or dissolved in
a suitable solvant becomes an ionic conductor.'

i may be thinking of 'electrodialysis' in regard
to water purification though i could swear it was
connected to electrolytic issues (above) somehow...

	electrodialysis (websters): 'a process that
that uses electrical current applied to permeable
membranes to remove minerals from water, e.g. to
desalinate salt water or brackish water.'

> [no doubt, we each contain nature at its best.]

	electrogenesis (websters): 'creation of
electricity, especially by living organisms.'

> three practical examples:
>
> strenuous labor, especially work under heated conditions, can cause
> (so-called) sun stroke. the remedy for sun stroke is salt tablets,
> which
> work simply because they replenish the electricity that pours from the
> body
> when we sweat.

i wonder if salt is critical to the metabolic
process. i know that it is to heat/cooling,
though i wonder if it is a key to balancing
of major systems of (water-based) lifeforms.
the workings of the human body are a mystery
to me. and it is odd to have grown up in an
era where so little is communicate when so
much more is known, i.e. through education.
this is what makes the Timepiece of Humanity
so interesting, as it teaches about systems
in a unique way while reconceptualizing them.

this post instantly reminded me of what i think
is an interesting visualization by Gatorade, a
sports-drink company that sells flavored water
that is (high in salt, i'm guessing) and markets
itself as containing 'electrolytes'. when they
show a commercial they have some kind of black-
light and neon-tainted water that is photographed
on sports players so the sweat on their bodies
is shown in various neon colors (pink, green,
yellow, blue). this is equated with the loss of
salt, through sweat, which the electrolytes in
Gatoraid replaces. that is, it's an EM drink.

> people with high blood pressure are advised to refrain from salt in
> their
> diets. essentially it is dangerous to increase the corporal "charge"
> when
> the pressure is already high.

this is very interesting, again, and in the
dictionary (which your post reminds me of,
it is a great resource to tap into for all
things EM) the issue of blood 'dialysis' is
something that would appear to be related.
its definition is the same as electrodialysis
which would seem to indicate it is for water,
and dialysis possibly for purifying of blood.

> women, through their menstrual periods, lose quantities of blood.
> women are
> advised to take iron supplements as part of their diet. It is during
> their
> periods that women lose a measurable (but still necessary) portion of
> their
> magnetism.

the whole aspect of vitamins and minerals and
human systems are fascinating (and unknowns to
me) as when these interact with the body they
are doing so on some level that eventually must
mediate itself in atoms and molecules, charges,
ions, balance. how so i have no idea yet there
is a similar aspect to how humans are able to
power themselves, to get the heart pumping by
eating foodstuffs which then get broken down
and somehow the energy is transfered from the
food into the digestive system and pumping of
the heart to keep other EM infrasystems up and
running other (higher-order) works, such as the
brain which could be considered a type of capital
of which a (spinal) column the human body supports.

(i thought you wrote about this processing of
food into energy at some point, i associate it
with this thread though my memory is quondam...)

thanks Steve! intriguing as ever...

> ps all of the above stems from my Timepiece of Humanity
> research/writing.

url: http://www.museumpeace.com/11/1075.htm

  the electronetwork-list:  electromagnetism and culture...
  archives: http://archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l/
  un/subscribe: http://www.electronetwork.org/list/