~e; doomsday clock, tick-tock

From brian carroll <human@electronetwork.org>
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 20:31:19 -0500

Iran Warns Israel of Nuclear Retaliation    1:08 pm PST, 11 May 2004
    Iran on Tuesday warned it would retaliate against Israel if the
Jewish state attacked Tehran's nuclear facilities.
http://7am.com/cgi-bin/wires02.cgi?1000_2004051101.htm

Both Israel and the United States suspect Iran is engaged in a nuclear
weapons program, under the guise of developing a nuclear energy program.

In the past, Israel has said it would not allow Iran to build a nuclear
weapon.

In 1981, Israel staged a surprise attack on Osirak, a nuclear reactor
under construction outside Baghdad, because it feared Iraq would
acquire a nuclear weapon.

And last month, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said Iran was
Israel's primary threat.

But Iran's chief negotiator on nuclear affairs, Hasan Rowhani, warned
that an Israeli attack would have severe consequences.

"Israel knows our hands are well equipped," Rowhani said. "If such an
incident happens, it will meet a resolute response from our side."

  the electromagnetic internetwork-list
  electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization
  archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l
  http://www.electronetwork.org/list/