Re: ~e; energy policy & secrecy probes

From human being <human@electronetwork.org>
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:47:04 -0600
In-reply-to <NHBBKBHGFCCINBCCLLMAEEFOCFAA.revitts@revitts.com>

  Hi Ron, the reason I find it so very interesting and
  related to the electronetwork list, is that many of
  these articles do _not mention the oil prospecting
  of the documents, Leslie Stahl did in her interview
  with Former Sec. of Commerce Paul O'Neill, and
  then, and during this televised showing of paper
  stamped 'secret' (I believe it was, and had name
  of a well-known company on it, too, which I forget)
  turns out it is from the .US Energy Task Force, the
  literal connections start to come together between
  war planning and oil resources. It was said these
  are 'global energy supplies' yet, as was found on
  the Internet (on shown on the PEN/electronetwork
  lists, earlier) was that these were specifically maps
  of Iraq and Saudi Arabia and a small grouping of
  nations, which at the same time were said to be
  'America's gas station' after an invasion program.
  If the government 'probes' the wrongness of the
  document being released-- well, it already has
  been online for over a year now, it seems. If it is
  the 'secret' document shown, it is now linked with
  the sealed documents (guarded by the Senator
  Joe Leibermen, no less, in the capital.) It is all
  quite interesting and all of it, barrel for barrel, is
  a way of conceptualizing the entirety of the event.
  IF the courts actually did open up the energy files,
  it would be a way to clarify such uncertainty about
  the basis for pre-emptive war, to make certain that
  in no way it has to do with taking over the natural
  resources of another country in some misguided
  scheme based on yet-to-be-prosecuted Ken Lay
  Enronomics as a model for economic shell-gaming
  of the worldwide oil system, via the .US Energy
  Task Force and our very own VP Dick Cheney.
  Why is this related to this list? Think of what the
  repercussions are, say, if you cannot drive to work
  tomorrow as a result of this. Or, the Internet is no
  longer accessible, or e-commerce, or the tech-
  industry disappears overnight. That is serious
  enough to bring up on list, in my opinion. I do
  reserve the right to be wrong, of course, on this.
  Though, I'd rather be an optimist than pessimist
  that something can be done about this malaise
  with energy planning and policy, not about the
  politics but the reasons for decision making, as
  energy is to be included with food, water, shelter.
  And that is what this is all about, start to finish.
  Brian

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 08:43  AM, Ronald Evitts wrote:

> yes

  the electromagnetic internetwork-list
  electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization
  archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l
  http://www.electronetwork.org/list/