Re: ~e; on learning basic electronics

From louis schultz <aailanthus@mac.com>
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 02:25:40 -0400
In-reply-to <4AE6C535-868F-11D7-B5DF-0003936C456C@electronetwork.org>

Hi, I usually look forward to your updates regarding your internet
finds. I've been turned on to some very interesting stuff so far. This
time, I have to say that after trying a few times, I still cannot
figure out what you are trying to write  about. Some relevant links
might be very helpful. What it looks like is that someone has taken a
very simple idea and thrown some multi-dimensional bs on top of it to
make it sound more "scientific". I'm sorry if I seem to too harsh of a
critic, but this just doesn't make sense as written. If the idea is
worth discussing, then it is worth discussing coherently.

Louis Schultz

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 12:40  AM, human being wrote:

>  Early last decade there an idea was pursued about how the
>  American-English alphabet had a common structure. It is not
>  known exactly how this idea arose, only that it related directly
>  to works of art that explored similar ideas (Jasper John's super-
>  imposing of numbers atop one another and alphabets; Jenny
>  Holzer's scrolling LED displays with multiple languages). This
>  common structure in language was related to ideas of structure
>  in buildings which was a focus. In an attempt to explore this idea,
>  the alphabet was graphically diagrammed as a 4 dimensional
>  object in 3D space with temporal change, in that the alphabet
>  would be flipped and twisted on a set of axes, in search of...

  the electromagnetic internetwork-list
  electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization
  archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l
  http://www.electronetwork.org/list/