~e; pavlovian EM phone

From human being <human@electronetwork.org>
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:10:38 -0500

  a note about something just experienced with
  regard to Pavlovian decision-making...

  listening to the radio (and in the past, if
  it is the tv or the radio) i heard the very
  familiar 'ring' of a telephone. and, as always,
  i could not tell whether the phone was in the
  local environment or in the aether of EM media.

  the phone call was recorded during a radio-
  report on a speech given by some official. and
  yet it was, as usual, not know where the phone
  ringing was coming from, here or there.

  and it made me wonder how many others, at the
  moment of hearing that sound, looked for their
  local telephones, instead of instantly recognizing
  that the phone is 'not here' but a mimicking of
  an iconic sound-sample.

  for some reason to me this is worth noting as
  very few events have that same confusion of
  camouflaging the origins of where something is.

  the electromagnetic internetwork-list
  electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization
  archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l
		http://www.electronetwork.org/