Fwd: Chinese Division of MLA petition

From Daniel Frederick Vukovich <vukovich@hkucc.hku.hk>
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:12:12 +0800
Cc Karen Ford <fordk@uoregon.edu>, wkalaid@emory.edu, mbryant <mbryant@english.ufl.edu>, Michael Thurston <mthursto@email.smith.edu>, zsulliva@uiuc.edu, maxwell@uiuc.edu
User-agent Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 3.2.2

Dear all,

If any of you are *current* members of the MLA please consider signing on to
this petition to have more conference sessions dedicated to Chinese/greater
China work at the MLA convention.  The plan is to eventually have a separate
division for Chinese lit/cultural studies (as there is for Spanish, German,
etc).  To do so, just send an email to Prof. Chris Lupke at <lupke@wsu.edu> and
confirm that you are a current MLA member.  You might also send this to other
MLA members (incl grad students) who you think might be interested.  Needless
to say, you don't need to be in the China "field" to support it-- in fact it
might seem all the better to the higher ups.  Chris/we do need 100 signatures,
so do give it some thought.

Many thanks,  Dan

--
Daniel F. Vukovich