Oakland Institute Posting of "Conditions..." Article

From Rwchina@aol.com
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:00:11 EDT

Hi all,

FYI, the Oakland Institute has posted on their website - www.oaklandinstitute.org - a summary version of my paper "Conditions of the Working Class in China", complete with photos, though under a different title.  This is a "teaser" for their publication of the entire paper, forthcoming in a month or so.  The posting has apparently received over 10,000 "hits" since it went up right before Labor Day, and has also been further distributed by some other "global justice" organizations, which suggests how we can use the new opportunities of the web-o-sphere and progressive allies to get our ideas out.  Part of this paper was also published in the June 2006 issue of Monthly Review.

Bob Weil