RE: name confusion on CR book

From "Mobo Gao" <Mobo.Gao@utas.edu.au>
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:37:22 +1000
In-reply-to <20060916063829.85837.qmail@web52811.mail.yahoo.com>
Organization University of Tasmania
Thread-index AcbZWsAc9YJiRYuSSIWOpyh1lxbciwBTwiXQ

Joel can you send me the link as well?

Mobo

-----Original Message-----
From: worker-zhongguo@openflows.org [mailto:worker-zhongguo@openflows.org]
On Behalf Of Brian Turner
Sent: Saturday, 16 September 2006 4:38 PM
To: zhongguo@openflows.org
Subject: name confusion on CR book

I just realized when posting about the new Roderick
MacFarquhar book, my comments/questions were misplaced
as I was absentmindedly confusing MacFarquhar with
Andrew Walder.  The citation of Walder/Su's rural CR
death toll figure in the Amazon review triggered this
lapse.

Nevertheless, I'm still interested in hearing comments
about the book from anyone who's read it.  Thanks to
Joel for the NYRB link of the Spence review.