status of Bill Hinton's book manuscript?

From "Daniel F. Vukovich" <dfvukov@ucsc.edu>
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:10:11 -0700

Hi folks,

Reading Han Dongping's excellent essay on rural reforms and the future of
China (at csg), I noted that Bill Hinton left behind an unpublished
manuscript that he'd been having difficulty getting published:
THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY, American Views of the Chinese Revolution, A
Critical Appraisal by William Hinton, Dec. l996.

Does anyone have any more info on this, vis a vis publication prospects or
problems?  (Surely MR would love to publish this?)  I ask not just because
I'd love to read this, as we all would, but also b/c I'm writing up a (too)
short obit-piece for a journal in India, and I'd like to make mention of
this in some fashion.   Given that the major publishers refused to publish
*Fanshen* back in the 1960s,  I'm wondering if history is repeating itself
here....  Joan, are you still on the list these days?  Is Prof. Han?

best regards to all,
Dan

Daniel F. Vukovich
Visiting Humanities Scholar