Re: etoy/eToys HACKER TV PRESS CONFERENCE AT MOMA TODAY, 6:30 p.m.

From Bronc Buster <bronc@2600.com>
Date Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:04:45 -0500 (EST)

[: hacktivism :]

Damn. At the present time I am down at Cisco and don't have much time, but
when I saw this I almost went nuts and made time for this short reply.

RTMark in their actions is totaly wrong, not even etoy want them
associated with them. RTMark continues to claim they have some group of
hackers, and a "torrent" of other groups they have joined with to fight
eToys actions. As to date no negative results have been noted by eToys but
a few unfounded stories in the media. In repeated interviews with RTMark,
and others involved, it is clear RTMark is out for coverage of themselves,
and not their actions, and they have no supporters (at least no one has
quoted or talked to any yet).

RTMark is giving the hacker community and the hacktivism community a
black eye, and I think others need to stand up and say what you support
when it comes to hacktivism, and that destructive actions are not one of
them.

Come on people...

regards,
   Bronc Buster