RE: Big Mountain Support

From "____" <bodhi@apexmail.com>
Date Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:06:30 -0800

[: hacktivism :]

The issue facing the Dine'h resisters is a critical one.  If the U.$. gov't
succeeds in relocating them-physically-then they will have committed an act
of assimilation-as relocating these people, for strip mining interests in the
name of a 'land-dispute',
will destroy their culture.  The Dine'h(Navajo) are one of the few remaining
people on this now-called U.$. land that still live according to tradition.

The Dine'h grandmother resisters are asking that people mobilize and head out
to Big Mountain, near Flagstaff AZ, to make the resistance successful.  A
similiar relocation date was proposed for 1985 but was not carried through
because of the amount of resistance, and of course with help from Earth
Mother.  Alternatively, those who cannot physically make it out to Big
Mountain are being asked to keep the pressure on the U.$. officials.

I am currently in the process of constructing a web-based  auto-fax that will
enable internet users to send a free fax to these officials.

Below are some links for more information.  knowledge IS power.

http://www.solcommunications.com/
http://www.westworld.com/~sol/dineh.html
http://kafka.uvic.ca/~vipirg/SISIS/emerg/dineh.html
http://www.utexas.edu/students/nave/bigmtn.html