Re: for your information

From Valerie Taraska <vtaraska@cprn.org>
Date Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:05:23 -0500
In-reply-to <19991102170649.16573.rocketmail@web604.mail.yahoo.com>

[: hacktivism :]

I just read a story on wired that I thought you all might be interested in.
 Apparently real player has been collecting music preferences of people who
use it without notification.  The company promises to make a patch
available on the Web site.  For years the company has been collecting
information from users unknowingly, and now they say ooops! sorry.  If you
have enough know how to download our patch you can stop it.  I wonder how
accessible this patch will be..........

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,32258,00.html
Valerie Taraska
Canadian Policy Research Network Inc.
Les reseaux canadiens de recherche en politiques publiques inc.
Suite 600, 250 Albert
Ottawa, ON K1P 6M1
P.O. Box 1503, Ottawa, ON K1P 5R5

Telephone: (613) 567-7499