Re: Hacktivism List Proposal 2.0

From Jeremy G Byrne <jeremy@iz.org>
Date Sat, 30 Oct 1999 16:14:37 +0800
In-reply-to <3819D6C6.CA020080@tao.ca>

[: hacktivism :]

At 13:17 29/10/99 -0400, Chuck0 wrote:
> * Material which will attract unnecessary attention to
>   yourself, others or the list providers, from the authorities,
>   such as specific hacking techniques, or details of illegal
>   project organisation. This is also not a forum to solicit
>   for hackers.

Huh? This sounds a little over-zealous to me. I'll re-quote the last
bit of your "solution must" section:

> * Do all of the above without censoring list content or
>   creating inflexible, unfair, unaccountable or
>   uninclusive structures

Then I'd ask you to reconsider at least parts of the abovementioned "What
should not be posted?" item.

I'd like to commend Chuck0 et al for their organisational prowess; I
support all of their proposals _except_ the inclusion of the above-quoted
("Material which...") clause in the new list guidelines/FAQ in its present
form.

CYa,
JEREMY