hackerism?

From "piLL" <pill@atomic3d.com>
Date Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:48:18 -0700
References <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910281922110.1790-100000@fnord.io.com>

[: hacktivism :]

Where is the line drawn between "hacktivism" and 'hackerism'?
(hacking/terrorism)

hacking is generally considered to be malicious...or at least very annoying.

how far are people willing to go in their cyber 'arm chair-activism'?

do any of us expect to change anything, or just talk about how awful things
are? (which is ok :)

i just dont know how successful 'echelon dictionary campaigns' (and the
like) are, but i personally would like to feel that we are making a
difference if we are gonna act like thats what we are doing here.

The way this stuff gets reported on TV, (like the echelon campaign) this is
all just an 'Art Bell/X-Files trip' and we are a bunch of conspiracy theory
geeks...

Don't forget, hacking can be as powerful in cyberspace as bombs are in the
real world...

maybe 2 lists: hacktivism and hackerism :)

I hope i am not out of place for saying this, i am new to all this. I dont
assume i even know what i am talking about! :)

i am no hacker, i am an artist concerned about the future.

piLL