Re: TEMPEST - WIRED NEWSARTICLE

From Rask <rask@plastique.org>
Date Thu, 28 Oct 1999 01:18:56 +0000
In-reply-to <016101bf20c3$dce267c0$83311ccb@autonomous.org>
References <19991027160153.25588.rocketmail@web1005.mail.yahoo.com>

[: hacktivism :]

well, since a monitor display is a matter of lines created successively, I
don't think it should be hard to reconstruct an image, if you can pick up
the subtle differences in the amount of radiation set free at any given
point in time... and if you know the screen's frequency.
According to Wired (if I remember correctly), exactly this has already been
done.
Also, the idea just struck me that tempest could possibly play a valuable
role in collecting specifications for new enemy equipment and such... but
that's just an idea, and it's late and I need sleep.