RE: East Timor Activity?

From Mark Jeftovic <markjr@privateworld.com>
Date Tue, 07 Sep 1999 12:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
In-reply-to <199909071540.IAA15283@hardly.hotwired.com>
Organization Private World Communications

[: hacktivism :]

On 07-Sep-99 James Glave wrote:
> [: hacktivism :]
>
> The East Timor conflict has in the past proven a hihg-profile political
> target of hacktivists. As Indoniesia declares martial lawm does anyone
> notice any related activity on the Net?

I haven't heard of any active net initiatives yet, however I got an
interesting email this morning. It's from a newletter I subscribe to
which tries to analize geo-political events.

This morning's report focuses on what is happeneing in Indonesia, why
it is happening, and speculates that what we see happening in Indonesia
now is a harbinger of what may very well happen in China in the near
future.

Rather than copy the list I can fwd a copy to anyone who wants one.
Oh wait, you can also get it from their web site at:

http://www.stratfor.com/SERVICES/GIU/090799.ASP

Personally I like the Stratfor newsletter quite a bit. Regardless of one's
political or ideological leanings, I consider them to be fairly non-partisan
and objective. I.e. "we think this is happening for these reasons". It's
like having your own little intelligence agency reporting to you on global
affairs. Which is handy.

-mark

---
|||| mark jeftovic    (MJ177)   ====  http://SlingShot.to/StuntPope/     ||||