Re: clear and present danger

From ricardo dominguez <rdom@thing.net>
Date Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:12:29 -0400
Organization The Thing
References <4087358018.936095261@fren49.fren.macalester.edu>

[: hacktivism :]

estiens@macalester.edu wrote:

> [: hacktivism :]
>
> > You can tell nothing really violent is happening to people when
> > they write about hacking as if it were the most
> > violent thing in the world.
> >
> > --from an EDT interview with Coco Fusco
> > (her new book Corpus Delecti:
> > New Latin American Performance Art)
> >

> or we could say that the state is being so violent to people that by
> focusing on hacking being violent they once again draw the very finite
> attention of most people away from the REAL violence....

Yes this seems to be the state of affairs that is emerging with the
*cyberterrorism* rhetoric--hacktivism should and has been an electronic
 bearing witness of the real violence which everyday communities
around the world are facing everyday far outweigh...
the shudders of data...but for the digitally correct communities data
is more important than bodies.

over and out,
ricardo