Re: Timorese 'hacktivists' warn of revenge

From Lev Lafayette <lev@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:53:17 +1000 (EST)
In-reply-to <Pine.NEB.4.05.9908290106010.9086-100000@phalse.2600.com> from "Bronc Buster" at Aug 29, 99 01:17:34 am

[: hacktivism :]

I strongly suggest that you familiarise yourself with both the general
and specific information relating to the "threats" of Jose Ramos-Horta.

In general, Indonesia's occupation of East Timor has no legitimacy. Only
one other nation (Australia) has been stupid enough to recognise it, and that
was on the basis of some resource bribery. The occupation has been
murderous, to say the least, engaging in wholesale massacres, forced
sterilisation of women, arbritraty arrest and torture, concentration camps,
enforced famine, and so forth. To put simply, an estimated 1/3 of the
population has died during occupation.

In specific, Ramos-Horta suggested the campaign if Indonesia does not
comply with the results of the upcoming referendum, which overwhelmingly
looks like it will vote for independence.

BTW, I seriously do think they have the skills and resources to carry out
their "threats". Not that I would know anything about such things <g>.

These people are "hacktivists" of the most genuine kind.

Lev

--
Lev Lafayette. lev@ariel.unimelb.edu.au http://ariel.unimelb.edu.au/~lev
* Electorate Officer for Keilor District, Parliament of Victoria