Re: DoS?

From elixx <elixx@subdimension.com>
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:23:55 -0500

[: hacktivism :]

Personally, I am disappointed in the majority
of hacktivism being demonstrated through DoS
attacks... It tends to get negative attention,
as with ALL DoS of any type.
In the name of hacktivism, I consider site
defacement to be a grey area. Where it is
used, is it *really* all that effective?
Surely, if there is a cause behind the action,
a proper amount of time, planning, and thought
can concoct a plan to create change, and not
just through stopping websites or servers from
functioning. Think about the other systems,
the ones that are not always obvious...
the transparent ones that are actually in control.

--elixx