Re: Ehippies new DoS tools and information

From Hal <pearrow@nvbell.net>
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:42:48 -0800

[: hacktivism :]

Pan,

There's a great distance between shouting down and throwing rocks,
bricks and fighting with police.  Perhaps I can put it this way.  On
that City Hall property, both the KKK and the protestors have an *equal*
right to speak at *exactly* the same time. As long as there is no damage
or threat of violence, the police have no part in it.

And there is indeed a restriction on freedom of speech at play here.  If
the intent is to foment danger to others -- as in inciting to riot --
the restriction applies.  There is much in the KKK message that applies,
even if it is thinly veiled.

If anti-KKK protestors indeed throw rocks, bricks and fight with police,
they should have their asses thrown in jail.

Hal