Re: Denial of Service Attacks & the Nets

From Grant Bayley <gbayley@ausmac.net>
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:14:23 +1100 (EST)

[: hacktivism :]

I'm intrigued to know why people like Janet Reno and media organisations
aren't using terms like "attackers" or "saboteurs" in this instance.
After all, someone is attacking someone else and it would appear that
someone is attempting to sabotage aspects of certain businesses.

In the absence of evidence that this is caused by a specific hacking
organisation, group or individual prepared to accept responsibility, I
think the term "hacker" is again (*sigh*) being misused.

Grant

Grant Bayley                         gbayley@ausmac.net
-IT Manager @ Batey Kazoo            (www.kazoo.com.au)
-Admin @ AusMac Archive, Wiretapped.net, 2600 Australia