Re: ~e; Electromagnetic News & Views #21

From "Etienne Cliquet" <cliquet@teleferique.org>
Date Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:32:14 +0200
References <D44EBDDE-67A0-11D7-A3AD-0003936C456C@electronetwork.org>

Hello,

Just some feed-back concerning "Electromagnetic art & artifacts"
section of the newsletter...

>// GPS/tablets/storytelling narrate a city's cultural hotspots...
>Only in L.A.: parking lot as art exhibit
><http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0404/p19s01-alar.html>
>'"We wanted to get at the kind of cultural information that makes a
>cityscape come alive," adds Mr. Knowlton, who calls the experience an
>"emotional archaeology."'
>[and] SONIC ARCHAEOLOGY IN THE URBAN LANDSCAPE
><http://www.34n118w.net/>

This show reminds me the "walk" series
by canadian artist, Janet Cardiff (since 1997):
http://www.abbeymedia.com/Janweb/muenster.html

---

"Electromagnetic phenomenas" by Yannick Dauby
is part of research concerning the way we listen
(listening forms ?):
http://kalerne.free.fr/emagnetic/index.html

---

"Cluster", network game on a cluster of 10 computers
is a collective work in which I take part,
but it is only in french for the moment (sorry):
http://www.teleferique.org/projects/cluster/

---

best regards,

Etienne

  the electromagnetic internetwork-list
  electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization
  archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l
  http://www.electronetwork.org/list/