Re: ~e; EM security issues

From bc <human@electronetwork.org>
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:02:41 -0500
In-reply-to <466A8D85-A4D6-11D6-92A8-0003931A63CC@vt.edu>
References <466A8D85-A4D6-11D6-92A8-0003931A63CC@vt.edu>

  hello jeremy, i believe it is definitely possible,
  and have read about remote listening potentials of
  both household corded and cordless phones, and also
  using the microphone on answering machines, which
  can also be used as a remote listening device and
  also to hear messages left on the machines.  brian

>here's a question in response to this.  as we know the nsa, et. al
>were all panicky about furbies and their recording capacity.  i'm
>wondering does anyone know if it is possible to connect to and turn
>on the microphone to a cellphone remotely without the ring.
>certainly there is a remote command language for them somewhere, not
>all of them, but probably some of them. yes/no/maybe?  any knowledge
>base out there?
>

>jeremy hunsinger
>jhuns@vt.edu
>on the ibook
>www.cddc.vt.edu
>www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
>www.dromocracy.com

  the electromagnetic internetwork-list
  electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization
  archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l
		http://www.electronetwork.org/