~e; EM tower-in-a-box
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:55:11 -0600
[portable telecommunications tower, which expands from a
box straight up into the sky. a local minnesota company...]
from the company's website:
Benefits of our product include:
* Provides temporary communications for sports events,
emergencies, or other situations.
* Portable equipment provides a cost-effective way to test
locations for cellular phone and other communication towers before
permanent structures are built.
* Can be used while waiting for zoning approvals for permanent
towers, which often take up to six months.
* Capable of lifting and supporting heavy antenna equipment.
* Antennas or satellite dishes on our towers are much easier to
repair than those on other permanent towers, because this tower can
be lowered and raised in minutes.
* Available in numerous configurations.
* Portable towers can be equipped with enclosures to protect
communication equipment from weather.
* Auxiliary electrical power outlets, which supply power at
several voltages, can be provided to power construction equipment or
* System can be permanent and stored below ground, or be
temporary and portable.
How It Works
The telecommunications tower can lift loads of 2,500 or more pounds
to 80 feet in approximately three minutes. We would be pleased to
discuss your height requirements in excess of 80 feet. The system can
withstand significant side winds without guy wires. Our system is
equipped with a level-sensing device that tells the operator when the
unit is level.
electromagnetism / infrastructure / civilization